With Eid al-Adha around the corner, it’s time to celebrate and savour on some lip smacking dishes. This Eid, treat yourself and your family with a sumptuous Eid staple. Try these easy Hershey’s recipes and give your quintessential Eid spread a pleasant twist.
1) Hershey’s Sheer Korma Sips
1 liter milk
1 tablespoon ghee
1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
1 tablespoon chopped cashewnuts
2 tablespoons charoli
¼ cup chopped beetroot (brunoise)
HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavoured Syrup as needed
Dry vermicelli (gradually would melt inside it)
15gms icing sugar
5gms Dried rose petals
In a pan, add ghee and dried fruits and roast it. Then add beetroot.
Pour in the milk and cook till the beetroot is cooked and the nuts are blended in.
Add HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavoured Syrup and cook till the milk almost touches a boil like a badam milk.
You now add the vermicelli and remove it off the heat.
For plating purpose, roast the vermicili in ghee, pour the sheer kurma into shot glasses and place the vermicili on top like a nest. Dust icing sugar and sprinkle dried rose petals
2) Hershey’s JoCo phirni
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 mins
½ cup Sorghum (Jowar), roasted and ground coarsely
1¼ liter Full Cream Milk
½ cup Hershey’s Chocolate flavoured syrup
1 tsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
4-5 nos Cardamom, crushed
1 tsp Dried rose petals, for garnish
• In a pan, roast the jowar with clarified butter till it is dry and coarsely ground it.
• In a wide thick bottomed sauce pan, add the ground jowar and milk. Bring to a boil and later cook on a low heat until jowar cooks. The milk would start thickening
• Keep stirring continuously, add Hershey’s chocolate flavored syrup and stir together
• Add in the crushed cardamoms
• Now remove from heat and let it cool down a little
• For serving, pour little chocolate flavored syrup in a small clamp jar and add the cooked phirni till top. Garnish with dried rose petals
• Set in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve chilled
3) Hershey’s Chocolaty Sheera
3 tbsp ghee
100 gm semolina (suji)
200 ml water
2 tbsp. HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup
¼ Cup Sugar
Put a saucepan on medium heat, add the ghee and let it melt.
Once the ghee melts, add semolina and roast till the color changes to a light golden brown.
Add water slowly followed by HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavored Syrup.
Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer for 2 minutes.
Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.
4) Hershey’s Shahi Kalakand Phirni
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
650 ml of milk 40gms soaked rice,
crushed 250 ml HERSHEY’s Chocolate Flavoured Syrup
1 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tsp pistachios sliced (blanched & skinned)
100 g Kalakand
Heat milk on low flame in a heavy bottom broad pan & heat till it reduces to half, keep stirring at intervals so that the lumps are not formed
As the milk reduces, pour in the rice paste and stir continuously. Do not let the paste stick to the bottom of the pan
As the mixture starts to thicken, pour in HERSHEY’S Chocolate Flavoured Syrup and mix
Once the mixture has thickened & reaches coating consistency, add cardamom powder & mix thoroughly, cook further for 2-3 minutes more
Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool for a while
Pour in individual serving bowls & garnish with pistachio slices & crumbled kalakand
5) Hershey’s Nuts Barfi
1 cup cashew powder
• ½ cup sesame paste (toasted sesame ground, like tahini)
• 1½ tablespoons chopped almond
• 1½ tablespoons chopped pistachios
• 1½ tablespoons chopped cashewnuts
• 1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavor Syrup
In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee to heat a little
To the ghee, add cashew powder, sesame paste & chopped nuts. Cook all this together till the moisture evaporates, but ensure not to make the mixture brown
Add HERSHEY’S Strawberry Flavor Syrup & cook till its combined & semi dry
Place barﬁ trays on your work platform & tip the mixture into the trays enough to ﬁll the trays evenly
For garnish sprinkle pista on the tray. Overturn the tray, on your work table, & turn it back to let the pistas stick into the halwa
Set the hallway for a 3 – 4 hours
Cut the halwa into bite sized squares, plate & garnish with some more Pista