With gradual opening of dealer networks as India welcomes further relaxations in lockdowns across various states, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. saw an uptick in two-wheeler demand during the month of June’21.
Driving economic recovery in the post second wave period, Honda 2Wheelers India’s total dispatches register 11% growth with 234,029 units in June’21 (212,446 domestic and 21,583 exports) compared to 210,879 units in June’20 (202,837 domestic and 8,042 exports).
Sharing the rapidly evolving two-wheeler demand scenario, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Almost 95% of HMSI dealers have resumed business while we are gradually scaling up operations across all 4 plants.
Overall, the two-wheeler sales performance in June’21 has boosted the market sentiment as more customers are visiting dealerships and enquiring online.”
Key Highlights of June 2021:
- 2021 Gold Wing Tour Launch: Honda 2Wheelers India unveiled 2021 Gold Wing Tour in two variants – Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with airbag & Manual Transmission. The flagship CBU import model “Gold Wing Tour” first lot was also completely booked within 24 hours of the company making bookings open announcement.
- Honda’s Premium Motorcycle Business network expansion: Honda expanded its BigWing dealership network with inaugurations in 6 new cities – Delhi, Kolkata, Dehradun, Patiala & Mumbai.
- Road Safety: Honda 2Wheelers India marked the 2 nd anniversary of Children’s Traffic Training Park in Trichy. Till date, Honda has educated over 78,000 citizens of Trichy. Parallely, Honda 2Wheelers India educated over 800 students and teachers of Sonipat through ‘Honda Road Safety E-Gurukul.
- Covid-19 Isolation Centers: Honda India Foundation, the CSR arm of all Honda group companies in India set-up COVID care isolation centers in the states of Haryana & Rajasthan. The facilities are operational with 100 beds at Naurangpur (Haryana) and 50 beds at Tapukara (Rajasthan) respectively.
- Moto GP: Marc Marquez won round 8 by taking over the lead and winning the German GP. Closing the month with another great round 9 at the historic TT Circuit Assen, Marc Marquez secured 7 th place after starting in 20th position while Pol Espargaro finished at 10 th position.
more recommended stories
TVS Motor Company Launches new Products in Ghana, Africa
KOCHI:TVS Motor Company, a reputed manufacturer.
BPCL Electrifies More than 5,000 Kilometres Highway
KOCHI:Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), a.
Tata Motors Introduces BS6 Phase II Portfolio
KOCHI:Tata Motors, India’s leading automobile manufacturer.
IFC to Invest INR 600 Crores at a Valuation of up to INR 6,020 crores in New Last Mile Mobility Company
KOCHI:In a bid to scale up.
Tata Motors Announces Price Increase for Commercial Vehicles
KOCHI:Tata Motors, the largest commercial vehicle.
Triton EV’s R&D Facility at Kheda Showcased Triton Electric Truck
AHMEDABAD:Electric Vehicles, Smart Mobility and Clean.
Škoda Auto Group Generates Solid Earnings for 2022
MLADA BOLESLAV:The Škoda Auto Group delivered.
CARS24 Launches First Engineering R&D Centre in Bengaluru
BENGALURU:CARS24, India’s leading auto-tech company for.
TVS Eurogrip Exhibits Off-highway Tyre Range at CONEXPO
CHENNAI:TVS Eurogrip, one of the fastest-growing.
Upgrades on Royal Enfield’s 650 Twins
KOCHI:Royal Enfield’s immensely successful parallel twin.