369 views 24 secs 0 comments

Recall of Smartphones: Samsung Suspends Sale of Galaxy Note 7 and Offers Replacement

In Business, Lifestyle, Technology Updates
September 02, 2016

galaxy

New Delhi: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday that it would halt the sale of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphones after finding batteries of some of the gadgets exploded while they were charging. The Company has offered to provide replacements to the buyers, irrespective of the date of purchase.

Koh Dong-jin, president of Samsung’s mobile business, said customers who bought Note 7s could swap them for new smartphones.
Samsung has sold more than 1 million Note 7 smartphones since its launch on August 19 this year.

The Company had manufactured about 2.5 million Note 7 phones so far and it is going to be big loss to the company which regarded this smartphone as its flagship phone.

It is reported that a battery cell made by one of the two battery suppliers to Samsung caused the phone to catch fire. However, not all units are affected by the defect. As the company used a battery made by another supplier for the Note 7 sold in China, sale in China has not been suspended.