The India STEM Foundation is proud to announce that the prestigious 2023 National Championship Finals of the World Robot Olympiad (WRO) India is taking place this week on 28th and 29th of September. As one of the most awaited events in the field of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) education and robotics, the championship will bring together young innovators, robotics enthusiasts, and problem-solvers from across India. This grand event will take place at the Expo Centre and Mart, Greater Noida.
The WRO India Season 2023 final promises to be exceptional, featuring a diverse range of challenges and theme that reflect real-world issues. The theme for this year is “Connecting the World,” and an impressive registration of 4000 students for the Level-1 NET, the best of them progressing through WRO India Virtual Regionals and in-person regionals to the National Championship with sustainable and innovative robotic solutions to enhance connectivity, over waterways or through digital technology solutions in three distinct game types – RoboMission, Future Innovators and Future Engineers.
Dr. Sarvjeet Herald (Director, India STEM Foundation), on WRO, said, “Our goal with WRO India Season 2023 is to inspire and empower the next generation of STEM leaders and problem solvers. We are thrilled to see the enthusiasm and innovation displayed by our young participants. This event showcases the limitless possibilities of STEM and underscores its vital role in shaping a brighter future for India.”
· The World Robot Olympiad, renowned as world’s largest STEM and robotics competitions for students aged 8-19.
· There are over 95 member countries who send their national qualifying teams to the WRO International Championship. This year, the international stage will be hosted by Panama from November 7th to 9th.
· The theme for this year is “Connecting the World,” and an impressive 4000+ students registered for WRO India NET and 202 teams are gearing up for the National Championship 2023 with sustainable and innovative robotic solutions to enhance connectivity, over waterways or through digital technology solutions in three distinct game types – RoboMission, Future Innovators and Future Engineers.
· Witness the self-driven car made from scratch by the students participating under the game type – Future Engineers.
· There is a strong emphasis on shipping logistics and digital technology infrastructure. While teams in the Future Innovators and Future Engineers categories have the freedom to choose their equipment and technology, teams in the RoboMission category must only utilize LEGO Education kits.
· Compared to last year, there is a surge of 10 times more participation in the WRO India Season 2023, while this year boasts a total of 202 teams competing for the National Championship 2023.
· The first time introduced Level 1 National Entrance Test (NET) to test students on science, maths and general aptitude of STEM, made the competition more accessible to students from all backgrounds, age and boards resulting in a remarkable increase in the participation of female students.
This season marks a significant increase of 4000+ participating school students as compared to previous years. The competition challenges for WRO India Season 2023 are designed to encourage critical thinking and problem-solving, focusing on robotics, automation, coding, sustainability, and future technology. It provides students with invaluable educational experiences, nurturing imagination, creativity and collaboration. It offers hands-on exposure to cutting-edge technologies and inspires a lifelong passion for STEM learning.
The judging panel, comprising esteemed experts from renowned colleges, universities and industries will evaluate teams based on their already set criteria and the social impact of their projects on addressing real-world challenges within the current year’s theme, “Connecting the World.